Social media has changed the way in which companies communicate with customers and so it has become a vital element of modern businesses practice to understand and maintain social media accounts. As more sites come into existence and develop over time, it is important to keep all of your social media sites up to date and in agreement while conserving your time.
Three Ways to Ensure Social Media Success
1. Invest in Social Media Education
Having a strong online presence is vital to ensure the future success of your business. It is worth spending your time to understand the different social media platforms, how each one could benefit your business and how to use if effectively. If you do your homework on the front end, you will save time for more important projects on the back end. For example, reading this eBook or others like it is highly recommended and doesn’t cost you anything, except time.
Social networks are continually evolving and keeping up with trends can be a challenge. You can stay up to date with the changes by:
- Subscribing to social media blogs
- Following influential leaders in your industry
- Following trending hashtags
2. Leverage Social Media Management Tools
If you are operating several different social media accounts, it can be confusing and time consuming to ensure they are all updated regularly. Fortunately, there are a number of social management tools available for free that can help. Here are a few I recommend you check out and put to use.
- Hootsuite is a popular option for keeping all of your social media accounts up to date. Once you have your Hootsuite account setup, you can easily replicate your social media updates across all of your social media sites. This level of uniformity across your social media accounts gives the impression that your company is on top of things and this is a great time saver.
- IFTTT is a must have tool for keeping up with your social media activity. It automates everything you could possibly want it to by programming “if this, then that”, which is also how this tool got its name. For example, you could program IFTTT with, “IF my name is mentioned in a tweet, THEN notify me by email” which is also a great time saving way to be aware of what people are saying about you online improving your interaction with other social media users.
- Buffer helps you manage all of your social media from one platform, but it is unique in its ability to make future posts on your behalf at the optimum time. This is a brilliant tool that will help keep your social media sites functioning at their prime level.
3. Know When To Hire An Expert
Keeping all of your social media sites up to date and running at their best is not easy. If you don’t have the time or desire to carry out these tasks, hire an expert to help you. You only get results from social media when you make a commitment, whether of your time or finances.
A strong and positive online social media presence will:
- Boost your search traffic
- Attract more customers
- Increase your brand value
Know your online presence is important and worth the financial investment. Get committed today!